Almost everyone is using Microsoft’s Windows operating system into their PC/ Laptop. It is because there are all the required features in these Windows OS versions and more importantly we are getting easy to use UI and secure features.
|Simple ways to turn your Windows 7,8,10 PC/ Laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot|
Here, we are discussing about how to turn your Windows PC/ Laptop into Wi-Fi hotspot.
Simply, there are two ways to turn your Windows PC/ Laptop into Wi-Fi hotspot, both involve third-party software. They help you to turn it into Wi-Fi Hot-Spot. And also there is one more way, which is kind of geeky and hence it might be hard for non-technical users.
Anyway, we are providing all of these ways through which you can turn your Windows PC/ Laptop into Wi-Fi hotspot.
1. Use Connectify Hotspot:
Connectify is very popular software which allows us to turn Windows PC/ Laptop into Wi-Fi hotspot. There are huge numbers of people using Connectify to get Wi-Fi Hotspot instantly around them.
Basically, there are three versions of Connectify:
(1) Free Version
(2) PRO Version
(3) MAX Version
With Free version, we can simply turn Windows PC/ Laptop into Wi-Fi hotspot through several settings. After that, we can easily connect out other devices including smart phone/ tablet with this Wi-Fi Hot Spot and connect with internet.
Coming to PRO and MAX Version, we are getting variety of features. Either we can choose to have Life Time features or else we can choose to have 2015 features, like for a year or so on.
Both of these Pro as well as Max versions have numerous features, as mentioned below:
|Use Connectify Hotspot|
Get Connectify NOW
mHotspot also allows us to turn our Windows PC/ Laptop into Wi-Fi Hotspot, just like Connectify.
There’s just one more thing required to use mHotspot i.e. .NET Framework. With that, we can use mHotspot and enjoy seem less internet connectivity into our other devices.
Along with that, we are also getting 3G as well as 4G networks sharing through mHotspot. Using mHotspot is better option than any other feature when you want to turn your Windows PC/ Laptop into a Wi-Fi Hotspot.
Get mHotspot Now.
Get mHotspot Now.
3. Geeky Way to turn your Windows PC/ Laptop into a Wi-Fi Hotspot.
For this, you need to work out with the Command Prompt.
Most non-technical people doesn’t know much about any commands for Command Prompt, but it is not that difficult. Once we got to know about these commands and their basics, even any non-technical person can work out with the Command Prompt.
Here are steps to take while working out with Command Prompt:
- Go to Command Prompt through Admit Account
- If you don’t know where to go for Command Prompt, just follow this: Start Menu> type “cmd”> Right Click on Command Prompt> Select Run as Administrator>
- Then Command Prompt will open, you just need to follow these steps, and copy paste these commands.
- netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Hotspot key=******
- In above mentioned command, ***** is the password, you can set it as per your choice.
- Also SSID is the ID, which also you can change it.
- Now, hit Enter
- You will some lines there.
- As of now, we have set up a Network and obtained ID as well as Password.
- Next Command is: netsh wlan start hostednetwork
- Now, it will allow you to know if network has been initiated.
- If the network is initiated, you need to share it by below mentioned steps:
- Go to Settings> Open Network and Sharing Center> New Window will open.
- It will show various Network Adaptors available in your PC/ Laptop.
- You will also see that ID, which we initiated with Command Prompt. Select that ID.
- Go to its Properties> Allows Access> Yes
- Go to Sharing Tab> Select Your ID and click OK
- Now, you can start using this Wi-Fi HotSpot
Other than this above mentioned, last Command Prompt method, people should use third-party software. It is easy to set up Wi-Fi Hotspot with it.